For the good news, I am happy to announce that I signed on with my current school district for another year. I have to admit that it was a tough decision because I had some offers for other schools and even hospitals to work at after the school year ended. Jason and I discussed it and since my current district is offering me a pay raise along with some new responsibilities, I decided that I would continue working with them. I just love my job and one of the biggest selling points for me was that as long as Jason is in law school I will be able to celebrate holidays and weekends with him with my current job. Plus, I don't hate having the long summer months off to relax. So our plan is that I will finish work, enjoy the summer, and return back this fall to my elementary school and favorite students.
Now for the great news! A couple years ago Jason began a research quest on the Tudor family and the connections and influences they had in Europe. He spent countless hours studying and reading about this era and we even traveled great distances so that he could see 1st Edition books to read about this time period. Over this time Jason began to compile a book that has come together in a completed novel. He submitted it just a few weeks ago to see if it would be picked up to be published, and it has! Jason is now an official author of his own writing, "Patronage And Social Networks, Of London And Calais During The 1530's." Isn't that amazing that even during all of the things that he has had to do, especially law school, he has managed to discipline himself enough to do this. I am so proud of him and it is thrilling to see the title of his book followed by the words "...by Jason M. Burrows." If you want to see Jason's book being sold on Amazon click here.
![]() |
| Here is a picture of the cover of Jason's book. |
Well, that'a quick update on our lives and how we are doing. We are so happy to be together and we are so grateful that we followed the promptings to move down here to California, because joy and love have followed us down here.

Yay for having a great job and Congrats to Jason on the book! That is so amazing! I don't know where he found the time. :) You guys amaze me. I am so happy to hear everything is going so well. :)
ReplyDeleteHoly cow!! I didn't know Jas was even working on a book!! Totally awesome!! I will get on line and get some for the boys!! They need to have the published works of Uncle Jason. Congrats!!
ReplyDelete