Love at the Great Wall of China

Love at the Great Wall of China

Welcome!

Welcome to our Blog! This page is to share with you the happenings in our life. Please feel free to look around and enjoy!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Where did we go?

For our anniversary last weekend Jason told me that he was stealing me away and that I couldn't know where we were going. With Jason's imagination and ability to travel the globe I really had NO CLUE where we were headed! The only clue I got was that it was going to have to do with the traditional present given on a 5th Anniversary: Wood. I still couldn't guess where we were going after that. Finally Friday afternoon on June 10th came around and we put our stuff in the car and took off. I knew we had a full tank of gas and Jason said we wouldn't need to stop so I started mapping areas nearby, and then when we started heading North I began guessing places nearby Cedar City. Finally I figured out that Jason was taking me to Brian Head, the ski resort just North of Cedar. Naturally that wouldn't be my forte since I fear the snow, but thank goodness it was mostly melted. Once we pulled up to where we were staying I immediately knew why Jason had brought me here, because Brian Head's "Grand Lodge" was a log cabin (wood)!



The next day we wanted to go over to Bryce Canyon since we don't get over that way enough with Zion's being so close. Here are some pictures from the view point.




Here in this picture you can see one of the gifts Jason gave to me this year. The traditional gift was wood but the modern gift for a 5 year anniversary was silverware. We both took some liberty on this one because we both ended up giving each other silver stuff. Jason made me this necklace where it has a little note in it from him that says "I Love You." It is such a neat keepsake that I will treasure forever!











Right in the middle of this picture is a famous hoodoo (pillar) called "Thor's Hammer." Can you see it?





We loved going on a favorite hike, Navajo Trail. Here are some pictures along the way.




Here is the top of the switchbacks on the hike. It's looks like you can just run down this hill but it is incredibly steep and on your way back up you just have to keep thinking that you are getting close to the top.








Here we are about halfway down of the trail and we still had a great view. This is right before we went deep into the canyons below.








At the bottom of the trail are a couple of trees that somehow have managed to survive at the base of a cliff in the desert. I'm always amazed at how tall they are and how they stand up against the walls of the canyons.



Here we are stopping to take a break.



The trail has to go through a few cutouts in the cliff.














We also stopped by Cedar Breaks on our way back to Brian Head.





It was such a fun getaway and I can't tell you how great Jason is when it comes to being wonderful and spontaneous! I am so excited to spend another 5 years and more with Jason!

2 comments: